Top Whale Imagery of 2023By Newfoundland & Labrador
With more than 29,000km of coastline, Newfoundland and Labrador is well known as a spectacular whale watching destination. From May well into September our mammal friends return to visit, and as with previous years, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite moments from the 2023 season below.
1. I Spy
2. In Good Company
These killer whales got up close and personal with the crew at Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours towards the end of the season this year.
3. All in the Details
4. Double the Fun
Our friends at Sea of Whales Adventures timed this shot perfectly to catch two of our favourite things in one photo – icebergs AND whales.
5. Making a Splash
Catching this much air while weighing up to 40 tons is what we call impressive. So is the fact that someone onboard with Gatherall's Boat Tours caught the whole ordeal on camera.
7. Just Keep Swimming
Paul Dolk spotted this humpback pectoral slapping… AKA waving hello! How friendly.
8. A Quick Hello
You might say that Dark Tickle Expeditions had themselves a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience. Except here, this type of thing happens a little more frequently than that.
9. Quality Time
We can’t think of a better way to make memories than Megan Gibbons did on this fine day.
10. Making Waves
This duo was caught making some waves by the folks over at Twillingate Kayak Tours.
Do you have a tale to tell about a visit to Newfoundland and Labrador?Tell us your story
- Our Favourite Whale Photos of 2022
- How to Experience Whales in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Guide to St. Vincent's Beach
- Our Favourite Whale Photos From 2021
- Waiting for Whales at Cape Spear Lighthouse
- Whale Moves 101
- A Whale of a Time: Why There's no Better Place Than…
- The annual Capelin Roll – a glittery, spectacular…
- The Best Whale & Puffin Tour in Newfoundland
- Whale Watching Off the Coast of Newfoundland
- Newfoundland - A Whale of a Time
- The Blue Whale Tale
- Newfoundland - It’s for the birds ... and the whales…
- Newfoundland and Labrador Knows Big Adventure
- Getting Close To Whales And Icebergs In Newfoundland…
- Ever been snorkelling with whales?
- Searching for whales in Newfoundland, Canada
- Whale Watching in Newfoundland
- Following the Capelin: Whale Watching in Newfoundland
- Best Whale Watching in Newfoundland
- Rare double humpback whale breach off the coast of…