Experience our Food & DiningLearn More
Experience Dining Out
Fancy something a little more low key? Visit the Duke of Duckworth or Bannerman Brewing and try a local brew with your meal. Otherwise, head to Ches’s, and bite into their iconic fish and chips – they’ve been a household name since 1951.
Outside of the capital, your options are endless. On the Bonavista Peninsula, try the Two Whales Coffee Shop or the Bonavista Social Club. Otherwise, head to Fogo and dine at the Fogo Island Inn, an architectural wonder built at one of the four corners of the Earth.
A trip to Labrador is incomplete without a meal at the Florian Hotel. Scrumptious eats come with a side of panoramic ocean views at the Dining Room – so, be sure to keep an eye out for icebergs and whales. For a more exclusive experience, head to the private gazebo. And if you’re feeling adventurous, take a guided salmon fishing excursion to catch your own supper. Bragging rights never tasted so good.
Hungry, but not in the mood to dine out? Stop by one of our Farmer’s Markets and get acquainted with the best from local farmers, food artisans, and craftspeople. Make your own culinary masterpiece with fresh, locally grown produce, or grab a quick bite of ready-to-eat fare. Endless new flavours and specialty foods await.
Farms & Farmer MarketsView All (13)
Cache Rapids StableReidville
Pinware River Provincial ParkPinware River Provincial Park
Cormack Farmers MarketCormack
Wright's Family Farm Ltd.Pasadena
Three Mile RidgeLethbridge
St. John's Farmers' MarketSt. John's
JMD Enterprise Ltd (Thunderland Amusement)Grand Falls-Windsor
Adelaide’s Honey Bee, Pollinator and Wildflower ReserveGoulds
Green Valley FarmNorthern Arm
Explore our Food Experiences
If you’re ready to get down and dirty, throw off your apron and roll up your sleeves at one of our guided foraging and wilderness experiences. And when it’s time for a break, don’t miss the boil-up, a quintessential tradition of enjoying freshly brewed beverages, prepared on an open campfire.
Around here, we take “fresh, never frozen” to the extreme. Savour a sea-to-table adventure. Dine on the beach, explore breathtaking coasts, and relish in a rural meal unlike any other. Or switch gears to something a little more personal; see how we got our reputation for hospitality at a kitchen or shed party. A homemade meal is only made tastier by an impromptu concert and new lifelong friendships.
Our chefs are constantly experimenting with new twists on tried and true classics. So, whether you’re looking for an authentic, traditional scoff, or something a little more unexpected, you can pick and choose your food experiences à la carte.
Keep an eye out for foodie festivals which promise hiking, music, and an abundance of great taste.
Food & Dining OffersView All (155)
Starting at $50 Per PersonSnowshoe PicnicManuels River
2 Days Starting at $300 Per Two NightsHike the Bonavista PeninsulaRound Da Bay Inn
Starting at $29 Per CouplePicnic Lunch on the Baccalieu Coastal DriveSilverwood Inn
Starting at $179 Per CoupleGolf and StaySinbad's Hotel & Suites
2 Days Starting at $399 Per CoupleTitanic ExperienceEdge of the Avalon Inn
2 Days Starting at $280 Per Two NightsWeekend Getaway in St. John's at the Georgestown Inn!Georgestown Inn
2 Days Starting at $269 Per PersonWest Coast ATV AdventurePirate's Haven Adventures Chalets
Starting at $160 Per CoupleSuite Deal - One night, one flight, one biteBumblebee Bight Inn and Brewery Co.
2 Days Starting at $180 Per PersonBerry Sweet Jamming SessionUpper Humber Settlement
Discover Fan Favourites
Those with a sweet tooth will love homemade Dark Tickle Jams – picked by hand and packed with flavours like partridgeberry and bakeapple. For something a little more decadent, indulge in the rich chocolates of the artisanal Newfoundland Chocolate Company.
For nearly 100 years, Purity Factories Limited in St. John's has produced popular cookies, candies, and flavoured syrups. The peppermint nobs and jam jams are always a hit.
Local patisserie, Rocket Bakery, is the spot to find gourmet delicacies, like feather-light, flaky croissants and ‘sinful’ cinnamon buns.
Five Brothers Artisan Cheese, Newfoundland Sea Salt, and sausage handcrafted by local chefs are all available.
In good spirits? Take your cocktail creations to the next level with craft spirits and bitters from the Newfoundland Distillery. Taste for yourself how their locally harvested ingredients hit all the right notes. For the perfect cider, the Newfoundland Cider Company has you covered. 100% fresh-pressed apple juice, locally grown fruit, and seasonal botanicals: cheers to that. Their evocative blends are available at select NLC stores and the Cidery and Tasting Room.
Sustainability is a mainstay in our food scene, and Adelaide Honey is no exception. They offer the highest quality raw honey through low-impact beekeeping. Try their Raw Fireweed or Wildflower Honey for a sweet, golden delight.
Videos far, far off the beaten path
Travel StoriesView All (47)
- 5 Foods You Must Experience in Newfoundland and…
- Five Tasty Food Festivals in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Eating Local in Eastern Newfoundland
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- Jiggs' Dinner for Beginners
- Nouveau Newfoundland and Labrador: Breathing Life…
- Ale Tales: The Story of Craft Breweries in Newfoundland…
- How to Make Salt Moose
- The 17 Essential Restaurants of St. John’s, Newfoundland
- How to do a foraging day trip out of St. John's
- These are the 4 things you must eat next in St.…
- Sea Change | Atlantic Canada's Unlikely Cultural…
- A Guide to Classic Snacks in Newfoundland & Labrador…
- Jiggs Dinner, Canadian Comfort Food
- Fishing, Foraging and Feasting
- How to Drink Your Way Down the Craft Beer Trail…
- Where The Wild Things Are: Spotlight on Newfoundland’s…
- Newfoundland's Best Craft Beer
- Newfoundland Food and Traditions - St. John's
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Baccalieu…
- 7 Must-Try Restaurants In St. John’s
- A Guide to Newfoundland: A Rugged, Remote Foodie…
- Moose, Anyone? In Newfoundland, Food Both Rustic…
- Traversing the Wilds of Newfoundland and Labrador…
- Raymonds Named Best Restaurant in Canada Second…
- Newfoundland food forage tour turns up flavourful…
- 12 Restaurants You Have To Try In St. John's
- 7 foods you have to try in Newfoundland
- 5 Must-Try Newfoundland Dishes
- Why Newfoundland Needs to Be Your Next Culinary…
- The 10 Best Restaurants In Newfoundland & Labrador
- A Taste of Newfoundland Cuisine
- Exploring the Quirky Side of Traditional Food in…
- 12 crazy only-in-Newfoundland foods you must try
- How to Bake a Killer Sourdough Loaf
- The Ultimate Moose Burger
- Six Foodie Spots in Newfoundland
- Searching for Newfoundland's most scrumptious fish…
- Western Newfoundland: A Lighthouse Picnic & Hiking…
- Food as art and entertainment makes Newfoundland's…
- Beauty and the Bonavista Social Club
- Picnics in Fairy Land! My Newfoundland “Lighthouse…
Picture Yourself Here #ExploreNL
Food & Dining OffersView All (155)
7 Days Starting at $2,990 Per PersonGros Morne Land and Sea TourTour Gros Morne and Taste of Gros Morne
Starting at $130 Per CoupleAdventure Awaits in St. Anthony and AreaHaven Inn
Starting at $211 Per Person2021 Resident ExperienceMoratorium Children
Starting at $158 CDNHike & PicnicClarenville Inn
Starting at $250 Per PackageSnowmobile Adventure and Fishing Shed Food TourWild Gros Morne
Starting at $500 Per PackageSpecial Occasion PackageHare Bay Adventures
Starting at $60 Per PersonTrinity Fine Dining ExperienceArtisan Inn & Twine Loft Dining
4 Days Starting at $229 Per Night3 Night Trinity Stay, Hike & Dine GetawayArtisan Inn - Vacation Homes & Twine Loft Dining
Starting at $230 Per PersonATV Tour & Evening BBQPirate’s Haven Adventure Tours & Acadian Hotel
See What Other Travellers Have to SayVisit the Story Exchange
Start planning your Food & Dining adventure
$$Blue on WaterSt. John's
$$$Thorndyke Inn RestaurantGrand Bank
starting at $479$$Stellar KitchenClarenville
$$The Stuffed PuffinSalmonier
$$Pizza DelightHawke's Bay
$$Doyle W Sansome & Sons Ltd Seafood Restaurant & Lobster PoolHillgrade
Hot ShoppeSt. John's
$A&WConception Bay South
$Bergs Famous Ice CreamVarious Locations