Experience our Food & DiningLearn More
Experience Dining Out
Fancy something a little more low key? Visit the Duke of Duckworth or Bannerman Brewing and try a local brew with your meal. Otherwise, head to Ches’s, and bite into their iconic fish and chips – they’ve been a household name since 1951.
Outside of the capital, your options are endless. On the Bonavista Peninsula, try the Two Whales Coffee Shop or the Bonavista Social Club. Otherwise, head to Fogo and dine at the Fogo Island Inn, an architectural wonder built at one of the four corners of the Earth.
A trip to Labrador is incomplete without a meal at the Florian Hotel. Scrumptious eats come with a side of panoramic ocean views at the Dining Room – so, be sure to keep an eye out for icebergs and whales. For a more exclusive experience, head to the private gazebo. And if you’re feeling adventurous, take a guided salmon fishing excursion to catch your own supper. Bragging rights never tasted so good.
Hungry, but not in the mood to dine out? Stop by one of our Farmer’s Markets and get acquainted with the best from local farmers, food artisans, and craftspeople. Make your own culinary masterpiece with fresh, locally grown produce, or grab a quick bite of ready-to-eat fare. Endless new flavours and specialty foods await.
Farms & Farmer MarketsView All (11)
JMD Enterprise Ltd (Thunderland Amusement)Grand Falls-Windsor
The Farm and Market in ClarenvilleClarenville
Wright's Family Farm Ltd.Pasadena
Cormack Farmers MarketCormack
Pinware River Provincial ParkPinware River Provincial Park
Cache Rapids StableReidville
Campbellton Berry FarmCampbellton
St. John's Farmers' MarketSt. John's
Three Mile RidgeLethbridge
Explore our Food Experiences
If you’re ready to get down and dirty, throw off your apron and roll up your sleeves at one of our guided foraging and wilderness experiences. And when it’s time for a break, don’t miss the boil-up, a quintessential tradition of enjoying freshly brewed beverages, prepared on an open campfire.
Around here, we take “fresh, never frozen” to the extreme. Savour a sea-to-table adventure. Dine on the beach, explore breathtaking coasts, and relish in a rural meal unlike any other. Or switch gears to something a little more personal; see how we got our reputation for hospitality at a kitchen or shed party. A homemade meal is only made tastier by an impromptu concert and new lifelong friendships.
Our chefs are constantly experimenting with new twists on tried and true classics. So, whether you’re looking for an authentic, traditional scoff, or something a little more unexpected, you can pick and choose your food experiences à la carte.
Keep an eye out for foodie festivals which promise hiking, music, and an abundance of great taste.
Food & Dining OffersView All (153)
Starting at $40 Per PersonFall Guided Hike & Gourmet PicnicIndian Falls Chalets
3 Days Starting at $349 Per PersonATVer’s Delight – Coastal & Mountain AdventurePirates Haven Chalets, RV Park & Adventures
Starting at $50 Per PersonSmoked Salmon WorkshopsIndian Falls Chalets
Starting at $50 Per PersonSnowshoe PicnicManuels River
Starting at $43 Per PersonGros Morne Gourmet PicnicTaste of Gros Morne
Starting at $150 Per PersonBirchy Basin RunHumber River Off Grid Tours
Starting at $45 Per PersonBeach Boil UpWild Gros Morne
Starting at $100 CDNSalmon Fishing ExperienceTight Loops Tight Lines
Starting at $30 Per PersonTaste of Place PicnicTwillingate & Beyond
Discover Fan Favourites
Those with a sweet tooth will love homemade Dark Tickle Jams – picked by hand and packed with flavours like partridgeberry and bakeapple. For something a little more decadent, indulge in the rich chocolates of the artisanal Newfoundland Chocolate Company.
For nearly 100 years, Purity Factories Limited in St. John's has produced popular cookies, candies, and flavoured syrups. The peppermint nobs and jam jams are always a hit.
Local patisserie, Rocket Bakery, is the spot to find gourmet delicacies, like feather-light, flaky croissants and ‘sinful’ cinnamon buns.
Five Brothers Artisan Cheese, Newfoundland Sea Salt, and sausage handcrafted by local chefs are all available.
In good spirits? Take your cocktail creations to the next level with craft spirits and bitters from the Newfoundland Distillery. Taste for yourself how their locally harvested ingredients hit all the right notes. For the perfect cider, the Newfoundland Cider Company has you covered. 100% fresh-pressed apple juice, locally grown fruit, and seasonal botanicals: cheers to that. Their evocative blends are available at select NLC stores and the Cidery and Tasting Room.
Sustainability is a mainstay in our food scene, and Adelaide Honey is no exception. They offer the highest quality raw honey through low-impact beekeeping. Try their Raw Fireweed or Wildflower Honey for a sweet, golden delight.
Videos far, far off the beaten path
Travel StoriesView All (47)
- Five Tasty Food Festivals in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Ale Tales: The Story of Craft Breweries in Newfoundland…
- How to Make Salt Moose
- Eating Local in Eastern Newfoundland
- The 17 Essential Restaurants of St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- 4 Foods You Must Experience in Newfoundland and…
- Jiggs' Dinner for Beginners
- Nouveau Newfoundland and Labrador: Breathing Life…
- How to do a foraging day trip out of St. John's
- These are the 4 things you must eat next in St.…
- Sea Change | Atlantic Canada's Unlikely Cultural…
- A Guide to Classic Snacks in Newfoundland & Labrador…
- Jiggs Dinner, Canadian Comfort Food
- Fishing, Foraging and Feasting
- How to Drink Your Way Down the Craft Beer Trail…
- Where The Wild Things Are: Spotlight on Newfoundland’s…
- Newfoundland's Best Craft Beer
- Newfoundland Food and Traditions - St. John's
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Baccalieu…
- 7 Must-Try Restaurants In St. John’s
- A Guide to Newfoundland: A Rugged, Remote Foodie…
- Moose, Anyone? In Newfoundland, Food Both Rustic…
- Traversing the Wilds of Newfoundland and Labrador…
- Raymonds Named Best Restaurant in Canada Second…
- Newfoundland food forage tour turns up flavourful…
- 12 Restaurants You Have To Try In St. John's
- 7 foods you have to try in Newfoundland
- 5 Must-Try Newfoundland Dishes
- Why Newfoundland Needs to Be Your Next Culinary…
- The 10 Best Restaurants In Newfoundland & Labrador
- A Taste of Newfoundland Cuisine
- Exploring the Quirky Side of Traditional Food in…
- 12 crazy only-in-Newfoundland foods you must try
- How to Bake a Killer Sourdough Loaf
- The Ultimate Moose Burger
- Six Foodie Spots in Newfoundland
- Searching for Newfoundland's most scrumptious fish…
- Western Newfoundland: A Lighthouse Picnic & Hiking…
- Food as art and entertainment makes Newfoundland's…
- Beauty and the Bonavista Social Club
- Picnics in Fairy Land! My Newfoundland “Lighthouse…
Picture Yourself Here #ExploreNL
Food & Dining OffersView All (153)
2 Days Starting at $350 Per CoupleGateway StaycationHotel Port aux Basques
Starting at $189 Per CoupleAdrift on an Ice PanGrenfell Heritage Hotel & Suites and Grenfell Historic Properties
4 Days Starting at $1,499 Per PersonGros Morne Bucket List VacationTour Gros Morne
Starting at $130 Per CoupleAdventure Awaits in St. Anthony and AreaHaven Inn
Starting at $69 Per PersonPaddle Board and PicnicWild Gros Morne
7 Days Starting at $5,990 Per PersonCapeRace Winter Culinary: St. John's & Fogo Island InnCapeRace Private Travel
Starting at $199 Per CoupleVisit Historic DildoGeorge House Heritage B&B & Dildo Brewery Co. & Museum
Starting at $158 CDNHike & PicnicClarenville Inn
2 Days Starting at $350 Per CoupleTaste of the Trail's EdgeEdge of the Avalon Inn & Trail's Edge Tours
See What Other Travellers Have to SayVisit the Story Exchange
Start planning your Food & Dining adventure
$$Yellowbelly Brewery & Public HouseSt. John's
$$Pier 39 Restaurant & PubTwillingate
$$SeaTown CafeCharlottetown, Labrador
$$$Twillingate/NWI Dinner TheatreTwillingate
$$$The Newfoundland Tea CompanyGander
$$Light Keepers CafeSt. Anthony
$$$Mystic Dining RoomGander
$$Crow's Nest CafeCrow Head
$Kuma Bento - Bubble TeaSt. John's