- The sandy trail to beautiful views and sights which may include icebergs, whales, seals and a variety of birds!
- Cape Island Pond is frequented with waterfowl and shorebirds and everywhere you look there are wonderful views.
- Take off your hiking shoes and press your toes into this soft, fine sand... the feeling is heavenly.
- Oh and did we say Icebergs?...Yes, you may see a few like this, a good idea to bring your hoppers; Newfinese for binoculars :-)
- Cape Island Beach - put your feet in the sand and enjoy the tranquil sound of waves caressing the shore.
Wonder Shore - Cape Freels Hiking Trail
May 15 - Oct 30
This easy to moderate 9.5-km loop trail follows along Cape Pond and crosses a brook to beautiful Cape Island Beach. You’ll find boardwalks, a sandy beach and three lookouts with panoramic views along the way. There are two old graveyards from the abandoned settlement of Cape Island, now an archeological site. There are birdwatching opportunities, whales, fishing boats, and even seals. Many majestic icebergs can usually be viewed in season as you look out over Iceberg Alley. So good for the soul.
More Listings From Wonder Shore - Cape Freels Hiking Trail
Wonder Shore - Business Pond Walking Trail
Wonder Shore - Greenspond Hiking Trail
Wonder Shore - Lumsden Shoreline Hiking Trail
Wonder Shore - Newtown Walking Trail