- Unmistakable Newtown! The Barbour Heritage Site, one day is not enough.
- St. Luke's Church - 1895 overlooking Queen's Meade where shorebirds frequent
- Bird Watching anyone? A very cool place to see a variety of birds and the beautiful shoreline views!
- Icebergs anyone? Icebergs travel Iceberg Alley right past Newtown every year, a magnificent sight to see!
- The Venice of Newfoundland - If you're lucky you may get a ride in this Gondola or take a kayak tour, it's good for the soul.
Wonder Shore - Newtown Walking TrailNewtown, New-Wes-Valley
An easy, 6 km point to point trail of the "Venice of Newfoundland" that begins at the historical Barbour Heritage Site and takes you on meandering roads over several islands where you will see the essence of old, rural Newfoundland complete with period architecture and friendly locals. View shorebirds from Queen's Meade Bird Blind and spectacular views of the coastline where majestic icebergs pass by in Iceberg Alley. Newtown tugs at your heartstrings and once there you may not want to leave.