- Coastal Ridge views! We recommend waterproof clothing and footwear year-round on this trail.
- Overnight camping platform provided at Barrow (Barr) Harbour, about 5km from Salvage.
- Near Smokey Hole
- Old Dory remains visible near Barrow Harbour (traditional wooden boat used for fishing)
- Don't forget to look up and enjoy the views!
Damnable Trail - Coastal Ridge Trail
Jan 1 - Dec 31
Demanding, Delightful, Damnable. A 15.3 km trail between Salvage and Sandy Cove, this trail (difficulty level Hard) will challenge even the most experienced hiker. The trail passes through rugged terrain with spectacular coastal views and surrounding islands. Cut across deep forested valleys, gorges and rock crevasses to visit the resettled community of Barrow Harbour (known by some locals as Barr Harbour) and Smokey Hole. Best hiking months May-Nov. Bring extra water, duration approx. 6hrs.
Locations & Dates
- Between Salvage and Sandy Cove on the Eastport Peninsula, Salvage
- 48.6876, -53.6297
- Jan 1 - Dec 31
More Listings From Damnable Trail - Coastal Ridge Trail
Damnable Trail - High Tide Trail
Damnable Trail - Old Schoolhouse Trail
Damnable Trail - Salvage Trails
Damnable Trail Festival
Festivals and Events