- Sliding opportunities and all kinds of fun activities abound at the Deer Lake Winterfest.
- The Deer Lake Winterfest has introduced several alternative modes of transportation, as shown during the annual bed races.
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides are a popular attraction during Deer Lake Winterfest, as local residents step back in time.
- Night time snowshoeing is another popular event during Deer Lake Winterfest. Walkers meet at the golf course and walking trail.
- Winterfest features a guided snowmobile ride to attractions like the Main Dam. Deer Lake is the Snowmobile Hub of Newfoundland.
Deer Lake WinterfestDeer Lake
Deer Lake Winterfest is ten days of winter fun for the whole family. A wide variety of events include, a snow sculpture contest, sliding, children's games, races, traditional food, an outdoor skating rink, entertainment, a pub crawl, a fantastic fireworks display, and so much more.