- Champney's West Heritage House
- The Spar of the Hazel Pearl shipwreck is on display outside the museum.
- Enjoy the views of this beautiful traditional outport community.
- Examples of furniture handmade by a local fisherman are part of the exhibit.
- Photos, diaries and recorded interviews tell the stories from days gone by.
Champney's West Heritage HouseChampney's West
Established from "love of community". Inside find historic fishing gear, home appliances, sail making tools and hand-made local furniture. Read diaries from past residents describing the way of life or listen to recordings of interviews conducted by Dr. Ragosta that provide summaries of their life and community. Enjoy the wonderful view of the community and ocean headlands. Check out the recovered Spar of the Hazel Pearl shipwreck.
Locations & Dates
- 7 Jack's Hill Road, Champney's West
- 48.3852, -53.3020
- Jun 1 - Oct 15, 2019