Old Post OfficeTilting, Fogo Island
Construction on the Old Post office began in 1907 and was completed the following year. The first postmistress was Mrs. Isabell McGrath and when the building was decommissioned in 1969, the final postmistress was her niece, Mrs. Nora Foley. At that time, it was purchased by Mr. Bryan Greene, grandson of the original contractor. Over the years, it has been a home, grocery store, storage shed, woodshed, and now lastly, a museum. It is part of the tour that begins at the Lane House Museum.
- 6 Post Office Lane, Tilting, Fogo Island
- 49.7149, -54.2865
Dates of Operation
- Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2018
- Donations accepted.