- Prominent trail markers keep you on track along Labrador Pioneer Footpath
- Trail conditions will vary along the Footpath (trailpeak.com)
- Get you toes in the sand (photo credit trailpeak.com)
- Whistlers will be your companions all along the Footpath
- Walk on ancient Archaeocyathid fossil reefs at Fox Cove.
Labrador Pioneer FootpathL'Anse-au-Clair
A coastal hiking adventure following traditional walking routes along the shores of the Labrador Straits that once connected the communities of L'Anse Au Clair, Forteau, L'Anse Amour, L'Anse Au Loup, Capstan Island, West St. Modeste and Pinware. They take you past historic sites and showcase the natural wonders of the area. Footpath can be completed as a series of day walks between towns with overnights at cozy accommodations. Walk the Footpath virtually with folks at www.trailpeak.com.
Locations & Dates
- Trailheads in L'Anse Au Clair, Forteau, L'Anse Amour, L'Anse Au Loup, Capstan Island,, L'Anse-au-Clair
- 51.4302, -57.0595
- Closed for 2020 season