- The Footpath takes past the beautiful Point Amour Lighthouse Provincial Historic Site and other historic sites in the area.
- The Footpath takes you past Overfall Brook in Forteau.(trailpeak.com)
- Watch for icebergs, whales and these curious critters known locally as whistlers.
- Fog is common along this coastline in July and August. Fogbank over L'Anse Au Diable.
- Walk on ancient Archaeocyathid fossil reefs at Fox Cove.
Labrador Pioneer Footpath
May 1 - Oct 31
A coastal hiking adventure following traditional walking routes along the shores of the Labrador Straits that once connected the communities of L'Anse Au Clair, Forteau, L'Anse Amour, L'Anse Au Loup, Capstan Island, West St. Modeste and Pinware. They take you past historic sites, showcasing the natural wonders of the area. Footpath can be completed as a series of day walks between towns with overnights at cozy accommodations. Or Walk the Footpath virtually! Visit our website for further details.
Locations & Dates
- Trailheads in L'Anse Au Clair, Forteau, L'Anse Amour, L'Anse Au Loup, Capstan Island, and Pinware, L'Anse-au-Clair
- 51.4302, -57.0595
- May 1 - Oct 31
More Listings From Labrador Pioneer Footpath
Gateway to Labrador
Festivals and Events