Spirit of Harbour GraceHarbour Grace
The Spirit of Harbour Grace was manufactured in 1943 by the Douglas Aircraft Company in California, on charge to the United States Air Force. In 1977 Roger Pike, a native of Harbour Grace, bought the aircraft. Pike used the airplane to transport food and dairy products from Stephenville to Goose Bay. In 1993 the Spirit of Harbour Grace was donated to the town by the Pike family. This historic landmark now stands at Riverhead, Harbour Grace. Our famous Amelia Earhart statue is located adjacent.