School House MuseumFogo, Fogo Island
The Old School House was operated by Fogo's Roman Catholic parish and attended by students from grades 1-11. The school operated from 1888-1969. The interior of the school features many artifacts original to the school: the potbelly stove, bell, desks and books were all used during the school's operation. The school house is a single-storied building with a front gable-end entry porch with wooden doors. The porch has wooden doors at each side, so that boys and girls would enter separately.
- 4 Silver Street, Fogo, Fogo Island
- 49.7149, -54.2866
Dates of Operation
- Jul 1 - Sep 1, 2018
- Donations accepted. Event costs may vary.