St. Peter's ChurchHarbour Grace
The construction of the church was planned and supervised by Rev. C. Carpenter. Men stayed home in the spring of 1907 and were late in going to the Labrador fishery so that they could help build the church from their volunteer labour. The cells were cut on the White hills and were hauled across ponds of New Harbour Barrons. Materials were salvaged from the dismantling of the old St. Peter’s Church. The bell was the same one which came from New York in 1875.