Road Trip PlaylistBy Newfoundland & Labrador
Around here, music is part of the natural and cultural landscape. You can find it practically everywhere you go - from kitchens and pubs to concert halls and festivals in every corner of the province. One moment you'll be clapping and stomping along to jigs and reels featuring fiddles, accordions, and bodhran drums, and the next you'll get swept away by old Irish love songs passed down from generation to generation. Our thriving music scene is also filled with a diverse range of new music, including reggae, world, jazz, blues, rock, classical, and pop.
Newfoundland and Labrador is home to some of the country's finest artists and performers, so there is no shortage of playlist worthy tunes for your next road trip. Check out this compilation inspired by MusicNL and let our musical heritage fill your heart as you breeze past picturesque shorelines and untamed wilderness on your next Newfoundland & Labrador road trip.
Youngtree & The Blooms — Hilltops of Blowing Heather
Rosemary Lawson — The Siren
Galaa - The Speech
Dion Todd - Be Alright
Jenina MacGillivray - Ilyia
Rum Ragged - Ghost in the Fog
Quote the Raven - Golden Hour
Eastern Owl - Highway of Tears
Andrea Koziol and Bill Brennan - Bye Bye Blackbird
It Could Be Franky - Sleep The Clock Around
Chess Club - Nothing (Has Been Enough)
On any given day of the week, you’ll come across live music playing in one of our iconic bars or clubs - particularly down on George Street, and be sure to visit the Ship Pub, one of St. John’s most popular live music venues. In the summer months, multi-genre music festivals span the province from east to west.
What other songs would you add to the playlist? Let us know in the comments!
Do you have a tale to tell about a visit to Newfoundland and Labrador?Tell us your story
- Why Newfoundland & Labrador is the Kindest Province
- How outlandish costumes bring Newfoundlanders & Labradorians…
- How to Experience the Bonavista Biennale
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- See What We See: Indigenous Experiences in Newfoundland…
- Five Tasty Food Festivals in Newfoundland and Labrador
- A Guide to Indigenous Culture in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Eleven Canadian Signature Experiences to take in…
- Fall Theatre in Trinity
- Getting to know the real Newfoundland and Labrador
- Rowing Rings Around the Competition
- Begin your Journey at the World's End
- Experience art in unexpected places
- Out here, there's a story around every corner.
- This Newfoundland Town Is the ‘Root Cellar Capital…
- With a song in my heart. A little Newfoundland town…
- A “Come from Away” Actor Discovers Newfoundland and…
- To keep history alive, storytellers gather to tell…
- Explore the branches of your family tree at The Rooms
- In St. John's, the weather decides if you get the…
- The Sound Symposium
- This food and music festival takes place in the middle…
- 'Mummers' making a comeback
- If Can content is your thing, then you must head…