Road Trip Playlist
Around here, music is part of the natural and cultural landscape. You can find it practically everywhere you go - from kitchens and pubs to concert halls and festivals in every corner of the province. One moment you'll be clapping and stomping along to jigs and reels featuring fiddles, accordions, and bodhran drums, and the next you'll get swept away by old Irish love songs passed down from generation to generation. Our thriving music scene is also filled with a diverse range of new music, including reggae, world, jazz, blues, rock, classical, and pop.
Newfoundland and Labrador is home to some of the country's finest artists and performers, so there is no shortage of playlist worthy tunes for your next road trip. Check out this compilation inspired by MusicNL and let our musical heritage fill your heart as you breeze past picturesque shorelines and untamed wilderness on your next Newfoundland & Labrador road trip.
Youngtree & The Blooms — Hilltops of Blowing Heather
Rosemary Lawson — The Siren
Galaa - The Speech
Dion Todd - Be Alright
Jenina MacGillivray - Ilyia
Rum Ragged - Ghost in the Fog
Quote the Raven - Golden Hour
Eastern Owl - Highway of Tears
Andrea Koziol and Bill Brennan - Bye Bye Blackbird
It Could Be Franky - Sleep The Clock Around
Chess Club - Nothing (Has Been Enough)
On any given day of the week, you’ll come across live music playing in one of our iconic bars or clubs - particularly down on George Street, and be sure to visit the Ship Pub, one of St. John’s most popular live music venues. In the summer months, multi-genre music festivals span the province from east to west.
What other songs would you add to the playlist? Let us know in the comments!
Do you have a tale to tell about a visit to Newfoundland and Labrador?Tell us your story
- Eleven Canadian Signature Experiences to take in…
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- How outlandish costumes bring Newfoundlanders together…
- Experience art in unexpected places
- 5 Berry Awesome Festivals in NL
- This Newfoundland Town Is the ‘Root Cellar Capital…
- Rowing Rings Around the Competition
- With a song in my heart. A little Newfoundland town…
- A “Come from Away” Actor Discovers Newfoundland…
- To keep history alive, storytellers gather to tell…
- Getting to know the real Newfoundland and Labrador
- Begin your Journey at the World's End
- Explore the branches of your family tree at The…
- Fall Theatre in Trinity
- Out here, there's a story around every corner.
- In St. John's, the weather decides if you get the…
- The Sound Symposium
- Five Tasty Food Festivals in Newfoundland and Labrador
- This food and music festival takes place in the…
- 'Mummers' making a comeback
- If Can content is your thing, then you must head…
COVID-19 UPDATE: Newfoundlanders and Labradorians get to rediscover home this year, and we welcomed our Maritime neighbours on July 3. Call or connect with operators / venues before you go, as details on the website may be modified by COVID-19. Future travellers from elsewhere, please keep dreaming and check back for travel updates.