Road Trip Playlist
Around here, music is part of the natural and cultural landscape. You can find it practically everywhere you go - from kitchens and pubs to concert halls and festivals in every corner of the province. One moment you'll be clapping and stomping along to jigs and reels featuring fiddles, accordions, and bodhran drums, and the next you'll get swept away by old Irish love songs passed down from generation to generation. Our thriving music scene is also filled with a diverse range of new music, including reggae, world, jazz, blues, rock, classical, and pop.
Newfoundland and Labrador is home to some of the country's finest artists and performers, so there is no shortage of playlist worthy tunes for your next road trip. Check out this compilation from our friends at MusicNL and let our musical heritage fill your heart as you breeze past picturesque shorelines and untamed wilderness on your next Newfoundland & Labrador road trip.
ChessClub — Nothing (Has Been Enough)
Carolina East — Candy
LeRiche - River Runs
Dave Whitty - Going Home
Sherry Ryan - Stop The Trains
Kellie Loder - Beneath The Sea
Matthew Byrne - The River Driver
Rube & Rake
Fortunate Ones - Hold Fast
Anarchy Baby - Anarchy Baby
Mark Bragg - El Toreo
Ian Foster - Feels Like It Wants To Rain
Alan Doyle - Ready To Go
The Combine - Victory Road
The Once - All The Hours
Repartee - All Lit Up
Hey Rosetta - Carry Me Home
On any given day of the week, you’ll come across live music playing in one of our iconic bars or clubs - particularly down on George Street, and be sure to visit the Ship Pub, one of St. John’s most popular live music venues. In the summer months, multi-genre music festivals span the province from east to west. There are many to choose from including Gros Morne Summer Music, the Tuckamore Festival, Festival 500, Sound Symposium, Salmon Festival, and Wreckhouse International Jazz & Blues Festival.
What other songs would you add to the playlist? Let us know in the comments!
- Eleven Canadian Signature Experiences to take in…
- Getting to know the real Newfoundland and Labrador
- Begin your Journey at the World's End
- Explore the branches of your family tree at The…
- Fall Theatre in Trinity
- Out here, there's a story around every corner.
- Rowing Rings Around the Competition
- In St. John's, the weather decides if you get the…
- The Sound Symposium
- Five Tasty Food Festivals in Newfoundland and Labrador
- This food and music festival takes place in the…
- 'Mummers' making a comeback
- If Can content is your thing, then you must head…