Leave your footprints on these five pristine beaches in Central Newfoundland
The Eastport Peninsula offers not one, but three, white sandy beaches just begging for shovels, towels, umbrellas, and sand castle builders.
The main Eastport beach is centrally located in the town of Eastport. It offers a meandering boardwalk and convenient parking. The Northside beach is a secluded treasure with plenty of room to beachcomb and soak up the sun.
Not far from Eastport, Sandy Cove is nestled in a sheltered cove with sun-warmed waters for swimmers of all ages.
Located along the Kittiwake coast, Lumsden is a stretch of sandy beach on a small peninsula jutting out into the Atlantic. The waters are surprisingly warm, and the neighbourhood is nothing short of fascinating.
Lumsden can be found near Newtown, dubbed the ‘Venice of Newfoundland’, as it’s built on a series of tiny islands. Surf, sand, and sun happily meet here for all to enjoy.
The fishing community of Musgrave Harbour is known for its miles of sandy beach that line the Kittiwake Coast. Adventurers will find azure lakes, crystal clear streams, and long stretches of ivory white sand.
200 years ago, these beaches were used to dry fish caught by local fishermen. Today, they lure sun and sand lovers, birdwatchers, and those in search of icebergs along the coast.
Sandy Cove is an out-of-the-way, peaceful escape located at the entrance of Tilting on Fogo Island. A pleasant stretch of sand, this is one of the most alluring natural ocean beaches in the entire province.
Perfect for a beachcombing stroll or a picnic in the sun, Sandy Cove Beach is part of a captivating and timeless historic community.
The four sandy beaches of Deadman’s Cove in Harbour Breton are popular for the annual capelin roll in mid-June. When the capelin roll, people flock to the beaches in a festival mood, ready to gather the small sea delicacy in overflowing nets and buckets. And when there’s capelin, there’s an excellent chance you’ll see majestic humpback whales feeding just offshore.
On a clear day, you can also see the famous French islands of Saint-Pierre et Miquelon off in the distance.
- 10 Best Hiking Trails in Gros Morne National Park
- Five Great Fall Hikes in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Four Hidden Gems of the Burin Peninsula
- Hiking with Honey Bees
- Hiking the Alexander Murray Trail
- Kindness Comes From Within
- Preparing For a Day Hike in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Come From Away musical inspires tour of Gander
- Exploring Eastern Newfoundland, one hike at a time
- The Breathtaking Seabird Capital of North America
- Top Tips for a Visit to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
- Our Top Traveller Photos From 2017
- Top 10 Bucket List Items in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Four Reasons to Take a Trip Down the Heritage Run
- Avalon Peninsula - A Top Rated Coastal Destination…
- Why 2018 is the year to visit these little-known…
- Along Newfoundland’s East Coast, creativity lurks…
- How to Spend the Weekend in France Without Leaving…
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Baccalieu…
- Hiking the Long Range Traverse
- The Answer to "Why Hike?" is in the Journey
- From Rhode Island to a Warm Welcome in Newfoundland
- Five Places to Visit on Newfoundland's Irish Loop
- Grueling, but Gorgeous: Hiking Gros Morne Mountain…
- Hiking Through Newfoundland
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Kittiwake…
- Finding French Connections in Eastern Newfoundland…
- Exploring Terra Nova National Park by Land & Sea
- Sunrise and Sunset across the Burin Peninsula
- The Wooden Boat Museum
- Four Great Hill Hikes in Eastern Newfoundland
- Leave your footprints on these five pristine beaches…
- Welcome to Scenic Green Bay
- 24 Hours in Dildo, Newfoundland
- Come From Away
- Picture Perfect on the Avalon Peninsula
- Hot Spots for History Buffs on the Avalon Peninsula
- Six Amazing Things You Can Experience Only on a…
- Five Ways to Experience Icebergs in Newfoundland…
- How to Get Your Photo Taken at the Iconic Western…
- The Museums and Galleries of St. John's
- 4 family-friendly hiking trails in Newfoundland…
- Hiking The Sugarloaf Path On The East Coast Trail…
- A Hike On The Spurwink Island Path, East Coast Trail…
- Hiking The Alexander Murray Trail Near King’s Point…
- Newfoundland: Five Good Reasons to Pack Your Hiking…
- The Best Hikes in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Great walks on the Rock: top 5 hikes in Newfoundland
- Darwin Would Have Loved the Cliffs of Newfoundland…
- Mid Winter Bivver celebrates snowmobiling and food
- A Week in Central Newfoundland
- Come From Away Finds the Humanity in Tragedy
- Come From Away: A Great Play Featuring The Awesome…
- 5 Not To Miss Spots on a Central Newfoundland Road…
- A 9/11 Parable, Resurrected in Newfoundland
- Come From Away: the musical that dares to deal with…
- The Surprises of Central Newfoundland
- Mistaken Point, N.L., Canada's New UNESCO Site…
- Things to do on the Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- Escape to Newfoundland’s Stress-Free Avalon
- Top 10 Oceanfront Cities
- Avalon Peninsula steals your heart
- World's Best Hikes: 15 Classic Trails
- Backpacking the Long Range Traverse
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Avalon Peninsula
- The best trail you’ve likely never heard of is on…
- Hiking the Skerwink Trail near Trinity, NL
- Experiencing The Best of St. John’s Newfoundland…