- Experience the historic handline fishery of Newfoundland & Labrador in beautiful Petty Harbour!
- Share the experience of bringing in your catch with your own family!
- Learn how to fillet your fish or even cut out cod tongues!
- Create original artwork as a keepsake of your adventure!
- Join us for one of our Twine Loft evenings and learn the old skill of net knitting!
Fishing for Success at Island Rooms
Jan 1 - Dec 31
The families of Newfoundland & Labrador have depended upon the Bounty of the Sea for generations. Now you can participate in the historic handline fishery! Learn to row, knit a net, rind a stick, handline for cod, fillet your fish and cook up your catch! Don’t forget the scrunchions! Or join us on a walk-about on the wharf or in town. A fishing village this ancient has many stories and secrets to uncover.
Locations & Dates
- 10 D Main Road, Petty Harbour
- 47.4640, -52.7103
- Jan 1 - Dec 31
$10 - $289
- American Express
- Email Money Transfer
- 1 - 50
- Customized Itineraries
- Equipment Rentals
- Food Services Available
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service
- Step on Guide Service