Petty Harbour, Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
- Experience the historic handline fishery of Newfoundland & Labrador in beautiful Petty Harbour!
- Share the experience of bringing in your catch with your own family!
- Learn how to fillet your fish or even cut out cod tongues!
- Create original artwork as a keepsake of your adventure!
- Join us for one of our Twine Loft evenings and learn the old skill of net knitting!
Fishing for Success at Island RoomsPetty Harbour, Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
The families of Newfoundland & Labrador have depended upon the Bounty of the Sea for generations. Now you can participate in the historic handline fishery – in a dory! Learn to row, knit a net, rind a stick, handline for cod, fillet your fish and cook up your catch! Don’t forget the scrunchions! Or join us on a walk-about on the wharf or town. A fishing village this ancient has many stories and secrets to uncover. "Bring some bread for the faeries!"
Travel Offers from Fishing for Success at Island Rooms
Free OfferFishcraft Experience at Rocket Bakery!Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food
Starting at $30 Per PersonWharf Walk-AboutFishing for Success at Island Rooms
Starting at $50 Per PersonRolling Rocks & BerriesFishing for Success at Island Rooms
Starting at $50 Per PersonPetty Harbour Twine LoftFishing for Success at Island Rooms
Starting at $245 Per PersonBe a Fisherman for a Day!Fishing for Success at Island Rooms
- 10 D Main Road, Island Rooms of Petty Harbour, Petty Harbour, Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
- 47.4640, -52.7106
Dates of Operation
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2018
- $5 - $249
- Email Money Transfer
- Charter Service
- Customized Itineraries
- Equipment Rentals
- Food Services Onsite
- French Language
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service
- Step on Guide Service