- Kira Sheppard performing the World Premiere of Jordan Nobles' "Cinquanta" at Sound Symposium 2018
- Jing Xia performing the World Premiere of her and Clinton Ackerman's "Congruent Place" at Sound Symposium 2018
- The St. John's New Music Collective performing the World Premiere of Chris McGee's "The Objects in this House" at SSXIX
- Local knitters performing with "Rokkur" at Sound Symposium 2018
- Snorre Bjerck performing traditional Scandanavian joiking fusion at Sound Symposium 2018
Sound SymposiumSt. John's
Sound Symposium XX is an international celebration of sound through new music and the arts. Wrapped in Newfoundland's unique landscape, Sound Symposium is easily one of the most remarkable sound explorations in the world, and includes concerts, Harbour Symphonies, world premieres of contemporary classical music, spectacular drumming and percussion, invented instruments, dance, theatre, world music, Newfoundland trade music, improv, jazz, sound inventions, voice, storytelling, and workshops.
Locations & Dates
- LSPU Hall, 3 Victoria Street, St. John's, NL plus additional locations and venues within the City of St. John's TBA., St. John's
- 47.5662, -52.7065
- Jul 11 - Jul 18, 2020
- $0 - $40.
- Varies with each venue
- Seniors Rates