White Elephant Museum Inc.Makkovik
The White Elephant was built in 1915 to serve as a Moravian Mission boarding school, but not for long since space was limited. Thus it earned the name White Elephant! It is situated beside the Moravian Church and the Moravian Woods, which has a walking trail for those who enjoy rugged terrain. A large video library from the James R. Andersen collection is available for viewing in the museum, showing community scenes and lifestyle.
- 34 A Moravian Street, Makkovik
- 55.0889, -59.1770
- There is a donation box (teapot). Call for rates set for tour groups or cruise ship visits.
- Email Money Transfer