- A "room" was term used for early fishing enterprises.
- The bubbling sands has inspired children's imaginations for generations.
- L'Anse Au Clair bay captures a couple of nice icebergs every year for a bit.
- Flowers and berries line the Jersey Trail.
- Rest stops and interpretation are provided on the way to the Jersey Rooms.
The trail follows the shoreline of the small town of L'Anse Au Clair which is nestled against rugged clifftops and benchlands sloping down to a beautiful red sandy beach. You can walk between 3 and 6 km along this easy crushed stone trail as it weaves along boulder fields, tuckamore, and beaches. Interpretative panels tell the story of early settlers from Jersey, an island in the English Channel between England and France. Look for the infamous " Bubbling Sands" feature of this trail.
Locations & Dates
- 38 Main Highway, L'Anse-au-Clair
- 51.4279, -57.0648
- Closed for 2020 season
- French Language