- 19th century fishing enterprises were called "rooms".
- Take a detour from the trail to dip your toes in the sand.
- L'Anse Au Clair bay captures a few icebergs each year in season.
- Flowers and berries line the Jersey Trail on the east side of the bay.
- The bubbling sands are a unique trail feature. Is it a fountain of youth?
May 1 - Nov 30
The trail follows the shoreline of the small town of L'Anse Au Clair which is nestled against rugged clifftops and benchland sloping down to a beautiful red sandy beach. You can walk between 3 and 6 km along this easy trail of crushed stone as it weaves along boulder fields, tuckamore and beach. Interpretation tells the story of 19th century fishermen from Jersey, an island in the English Channel between England and France. Look for the infamous " Bubbling Sands" feature of this trail.
Locations & Dates
- 7 Lodge Road, L'Anse-au-Clair
- 51.4299, -57.0643
- May 1 - Nov 30