L'Anse aux Meadows
- Snorri A 54ft replica Viking Knarr which sailed from Greenland to L'Anse aux Meadows in 1998 with a crew of only nine men.
- Join costumed interpreters in the dim light of the Viking style Chieftain's hall and listen to mysterious tales.
- Gather in the Chieftain's hall, the Church and the Blacksmith's workshop to experience viking lifestyle of 1000 years ago
Norstead - A Viking Port of TradeL'Anse aux Meadows
The four-hectare living history site is located just 2km from the L’Anse aux Meadows UNESCO World Heritage Site. The site depicts life as it could have existed in a village or port of trade in any of the Scandinavian countries circa 790-1066 AD. The site has four period-style buildings including a boathouse, which houses the full-scale replica Viking ship, Snorri, a chieftain’s hall, a church and a blacksmith’s shop.
+1 (709) 623 2828
+1 (709) 623 2880
+1 (709) 454 6575 (Off Season)
+1 (877) 620 2282 (toll free)
Locations & Dates
- Route 436, L'Anse aux Meadows
- 51.6017, -55.5241
- Jun 7 - Sep 19, 2020
- Adult $10, seniors (60+) $8, family (2 adults, 2 children) $30, child $6.50.
- American Express
- Seniors Rates