- The Newfoundland Insectarium is located inside a fully referbished dairy barn which was originally built in 1946.
- The butterfly garden features hundreds of live tropical butterflies from Costa Rica and the Philippines.
- Friendly staff members are always readily avaliable to let visitors get up close and personal with harmless insects.
- The observational hive includes thousands of honey bees, including the queen which can often be spotted by visitors.
- The leaf-cutter ants travel throughout the building, suppling foliage to their fungus gardens in the main nesting enclosure.
May 19 - Oct 9
Rated as the best indoor attraction in Western Newfoundland, this restored historic building features live and mounted insects from around the world. Highlights include a tropical butterfly garden, observation bee hive, leaf-cutter ants and themed gift shop. Friendly staff members are available to allow visitors to get up close and personal with harmless insects. The Insectarium now offers complimentary kennels while you visit, free WiFi and is located less than 5km from Deer Lake airport.
Locations & Dates
- 2 Bonne Bay Road, Reidville
- 49.1947, -57.4342
- May 19 - Oct 9
Adult $15, seniors (60+) $13, youth (5-16) $11, children (4 and under) free. Group rates available.
- Email Money Transfer
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Food Services Onsite
- Seniors Rates