- The Newfoundland Insectarium is located inside a fully refurbished dairy barn which was originally built in 1946.
- The butterfly garden is the home of hundreds of tropical butterflies and flowers.
- Tropical butterflies love brightly colored clothing and often land on lucky visitors!
- Friendly staff members are always readily available to let visitors get up close and personal with harmless insects.
- The Newfoundland Insectarium's gift shop is well-known for its unique nature themed souviners and gifts.
A TripAdvisor award-winning, interactive museum of nature. The restored historic building features live and mounted insects from around the world. Highlights include a tropical butterfly garden, observation beehive, ice cream parlor and themed gift shop. Friendly staff members are readily available to allow visitors to get up close and personal with harmless insects. The insectarium now offers complimentary kennels while you visit, free WiFi and is conveniently located less than 5km from YDF.
+1 (709) 635 4545
+1 (709) 636 1848 (Off Season)
+1 (866) 635 5454 (toll free)
Locations & Dates
- 2 Bonne Bay Road , Reidville, NL, Reidville
- 49.1947, -57.4342
- May 19 - Oct 9, 2019
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Food Services Onsite
- Seniors Rates