Bleak House MuseumFogo, Fogo Island
Home to some of the most powerful and influential people in the history of Fogo. Bleak House represents the differences between the merchant class and the fishing class in the community from a century ago. The dwelling was built around 1816 for local merchant John Slade. When he retired, it was bought by his then-partner, Henry Earle. Earle Sons and Company operated a successful import-export business but was forced to close in 1967, following the collapse of the fishery.
- 32-36 North Shore Road, Fogo, Fogo Island
- 49.7149, -54.2866
Dates of Operation
- Jul 3 - Sep 10, 2018
- Donations accepted.