- Come to the world famous Barbour's Tickle, "where the past meets the present".
- Hear the stories, have a chuckle and even shed a tear as you step back in time and experience a forgotten way of life.
- A bird's eye view of Newtown, featuring Barbour Living Heritage Village.
- Experience dramatic productions, musical performances, or host your next event here at our newly renovated Waterfront Premises.
- A mainstay on the Newtown skyline for over a hundred years, the Alphaeus Barbour House is a sight to behold!
Barbour Living Heritage Village
Jun 15 - Sep 30
Venture along the shore to Newtown to explore with local guides and experience life from the perspective of a 19th-century Newfoundland Merchant. Take our guided tour through the village as you visit two period homes, a replica one-room schoolhouse, and step onboard a recreation of a sealing schooner. After your tour, you can dine at the Olde Shoppe Restaurant, enjoy an evening of live music or theatre, and relax for the night onsite at our historical vacation home.
Locations & Dates
- School Crescent, Newtown, Newtown, New-Wes-Valley
- 49.2018, -53.5135
- Jun 15 - Sep 30
Adults $15, seniors $12, children (5-8) $5, under 4 free. Family of 4 $25. Group rates available.
- American Express
- Food Services Onsite
- Seniors Rates
More Listings From Barbour Living Heritage Village
Audrey's Tickle Bliss
Olde Shoppe Restaurant (at the Barbour Living Heritage Village)
Food and Beverage
The Poop Deck Craft & Gift Shop
Sealers Interpretation Centre at the Barbour Living Heritage Village