- Admiralty House Communications Museum in Mount Pearl, NL
- Heeding The Call: Newfoundland's Naval Home Defense that focuses on the Newfoundland Royal Naval Reservists.
- On display at the museum is a replica of the SS Florizel's Marconi Room. Thirty people survived the ship's crash in 1918 by huddling in this small room for over 27 hours.
- Wander through our grounds that are filled with beautiful plants, trees, shrubs, gazebo, covered archway and a trellis.
- Proud to be located in scenic Mount Pearl!
Admiralty House Museum and ArchivesMount Pearl
Admiralty House Communications Museum is located in the former residential quarters of HM Wireless Station. Built by the Marconi Telegraph Company for the British Navy during the First World War, the station was part of a global communication network; it linked the Admiralty with its ships on the water, intercepted German naval transmissions, and tracked icebergs and ships in distress. The museum offers tours of the historic building and features temporary exhibits in the newly renovated Annex.
Locations & Dates
- 365 Old Placentia Road, Mount Pearl
- 47.5047, -52.7948
- Jan 2 - Dec 23, 2020
- See website.
- American Express
- Wheelchair Accessible