- Admiralty House Communications Museum in Mount Pearl, NL
- Heeding The Call: Newfoundland's Naval Home Defense that focuses on the Newfoundland Royal Naval Reservists.
- On display at the museum is a replica of the SS Florizel's Marconi Room. Thirty people survived the ship's crash in 1918 by huddling in this small room for over 27 hours.
- Wander through our grounds that are filled with beautiful plants, trees, shrubs, gazebo, covered archway and a trellis.
- Proud to be located in scenic Mount Pearl!
Admiralty House Museum and ArchivesMount Pearl
Admiralty House originally operated as a Marconi Wireless Station, constructed in 1915. During WWI, the station intercepted German naval transmissions, tracked icebergs, and ships in distress. Today, it operates as an award-winning museum with unique tours and programs. Throughout the year, visitors can learn the history of early communications, the Royal Navy, and the tragedy of the S.S. Florizel. Visitors can also explore the garden nestled among gorgeous foliage with a fairy tale archway.
Locations & Dates
- 365 Old Placentia Road, Mount Pearl
- 47.5047, -52.7948
- Jan 2 - Dec 23
- See website.
- American Express
- Wheelchair Accessible