Our Top Traveller Photos from 2019
As we say goodbye to 2019 and say hello to a new decade and 2020, it’s a good time to look back on our top traveller photos from the year that was. Feeling inspired? Be sure to share your 2020 adventures with us using #ExploreNL and tagging us @NewfoundlandLabrador on Instagram.
Mystical Battle Harbour
Battle Harbour is one of those special places where your arrival and connection to the place is what allows you to truly disconnect from the modern world.
Rugged Lark Harbour
The stark beauty of Lark Harbour is perfectly captured here against the backdrop of the Blow-Me-Down Provincial Park on the west coast of the island portion of the province. Legend has it that the community was named after one of British explorer James Cook's ships.
No list of 2019's best traveller photos would be complete without an iconic Jellybean Row image. This shot from Ray Mackey perfectly captures Colonial Street in St. John's with its wondrous pallet of jellybean colours.
When it comes to viewing icebergs, Twillingate is great spot to stay and view these 10,000 year old frosty giants. They come in every shape and size, with colours from snow-white to deepest aquamarine. Despite their arrival from the Arctic every spring, our awe of them remains new, year after year.
Although Newfoundland and Labrador may not be known for its sandy beaches, maybe its time for you to explore one of these hidden gems. Lumsden Beach can be found along the aptly named, "Road to the Shore".
This video of Humpback Whales near Bonavista went viral this past summer. Watching this group of barnacled giants gracefully navigate our waters left us in awe and longing for these leviathans to return again in 2020.
Dildo Mini Library
The road to Dildo hugs the twists and turns of the coastline, leading you to this wonderful and colourful town. While there is so much to do and see, one quirky and off-kilter feature is this quaint little library. Its the perfect place to stop, find a story and read a while!
St. Vincent's Beach
Famous for its deep rich waters near-shore, St. Vincent's Beach is a great place to view whales during capelin season. As the capelin roll, the whales feast and we are all the better for it.
The morning sun lights up the iconic town of Brigus on a fall day, giving rich colour to this historic and peaceful place.
Point Amour Lighthouse
The Point Amour Lighthouse is a Provincial Historic Site and one of the tallest lighthouses in Atlantic Canada. On a clear day, the view stretches out for miles giving you a visual feast of peaceful coastal beauty.
For more great photos like these, follow us on Instagram @newfoundlandlabrador and use #ExploreNL to be featured!
Do you have a tale to tell about a visit to Newfoundland and Labrador?Tell us your story
- 6 Photo Ops on the Burin Peninsula
- Thru Hiking the East Coast Trail
- Where to Have The Best Outdoor Adventures on Newfoundland's…
- Finding Francois, A First Person Essay
- Waking up with the whales on Quirpon Island, Newfoundland
- Come to the Home of Come From Away
- Our Favourite Pit Stops En Route to Saint-Pierre…
- The Capital of Kindness
- Why can’t it be the destination and the journey?
- A Journey Home
- Expedition 51°: Travelling the Québec-Labrador Highway
- Our Top Traveller Photos From 2018
- Top 10 Bucket List Items in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Four of the best places to visit in The Big Land
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- There's No Place Like Dildo
- Four unique ways to discover Western Newfoundland…
- Exploring Eastern Newfoundland, one hike at a time
- The Museums and Galleries of St. John's
- Experience art in unexpected places
- This Newfoundland Town Is the ‘Root Cellar Capital…
- With a song in my heart. A little Newfoundland town…
- A “Come from Away” Actor Discovers Newfoundland…
- Sea Stacks and Solitude: Hiking Over 300 kms of…
- Kindness Comes From Within
- Welcome to Scenic Green Bay
- Five Ways to Experience Icebergs in Newfoundland…
- Picture Perfect on the Avalon Peninsula
- The Breathtaking Seabird Capital of North America
- Snowshoes, Skidoos and More Winter Fun in Newfoundland
- Mealy Mountains — Newfoundland and Labrador's Fourth…
- Preparing For a Day Hike in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Four Hidden Gems of the Burin Peninsula
- Come From Away musical inspires tour of Gander
- Top Tips for a Visit to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
- Four Reasons to Take a Trip Down the Heritage Run
- Avalon Peninsula - A Top Rated Coastal Destination…
- Why 2018 is the year to visit these little-known…
- Along Newfoundland’s East Coast, creativity lurks…
- How to Spend the Weekend in France Without Leaving…
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Baccalieu…
- From Rhode Island to a Warm Welcome in Newfoundland
- Five Places to Visit on Newfoundland's Irish Loop
- 5 Ways to Travel Off the Beaten Path Out West
- Red Bay UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Kittiwake…
- Finding French Connections in Eastern Newfoundland…
- Sunrise and Sunset across the Burin Peninsula
- The Wooden Boat Museum
- Four Great Hill Hikes in Eastern Newfoundland
- Leave your footprints on these five pristine beaches…
- 24 Hours in Dildo, Newfoundland
- Come From Away
- Hot Spots for History Buffs on the Avalon Peninsula
- Six Amazing Things You Can Experience Only on a…
- South of Saglek: A Nunatsiavut Adventure
- Winter caving adventures in western Newfoundland
- Darwin Would Have Loved the Cliffs of Newfoundland…
- Top three attractions along Newfoundland and Labrador's…
- Mid Winter Bivver celebrates snowmobiling and food
- Western Newfoundland’s winter wonders
- A Week in Central Newfoundland
- Come From Away Finds the Humanity in Tragedy
- Come From Away: A Great Play Featuring The Awesome…
- 5 Not To Miss Spots on a Central Newfoundland Road…
- A 9/11 Parable, Resurrected in Newfoundland
- Come From Away: the musical that dares to deal with…
- The Surprises of Central Newfoundland
- Mistaken Point, N.L., Canada's New UNESCO Site…
- Things to do on the Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- Escape to Newfoundland’s Stress-Free Avalon
- Top 10 Oceanfront Cities
- Avalon Peninsula steals your heart
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Avalon Peninsula
- The best trail you’ve likely never heard of is on…
- Experiencing The Best of St. John’s Newfoundland…
COVID-19 UPDATE: Newfoundlanders and Labradorians get to rediscover home this year, and we welcomed our Maritime neighbours on July 3. Call or connect with operators / venues before you go, as details on the website may be modified by COVID-19. Future travellers from elsewhere, please keep dreaming and check back for travel updates.