Our Top Traveller Photos From 2018
Another year has come and gone and as we say hello to 2019, it’s a good time to look back on our top traveller photos from 2018. Feeling inspired? Be sure to share your 2019 adventures with us using #ExploreNL and tagging us @NewfoundlandLabrador on Instagram.
Along the south coast of the island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador, you will find a hidden gem of a community called Francois. While pronunciations vary, what remains constant is the rich beauty of the landscape in a magically remote place only accessible via coastal ferry. If truly unplugging is high on your to-do list, then may we suggest Francois. It has curb appeal, minus the curb.
Goose Cove Iceberg
Sometimes describing the size and total mass of an iceberg needs more words than the English language can muster, thankfully on those occasions we have pictures like this from Goose Cove in June of this year.
The lighthouse at Ferryland is always a top destination each year, usually photographed in summer its a treat to see it lightly dusted with snow in a moody winter sunset.
Trinity Whale Sighting
Anytime one of these magnificent leviathans of the deep pops up to say hello, its a special occasion. Thankfully, Michael Winsor was ready and waiting to greet them and capture a memory for us all to enjoy.
L'Anse Aux Meadows
On occasion, our majestic scenery is hidden by the rolling fog created by our temperate marine location and climate. Oddly enough, its a photographers dream as it presents all kinds of interesting light and possibilities.
Western Brook Pond
Western Brook Pond remains an iconic experience known around the world. We never get tired of looking at the stunning cliff sides, lush greenery and azure waters that make up just part of its majesty and beauty.
Spillers Cove Iceberg
This year, iceberg season got started a little earlier than usual. This great capture came from Spillers Cove near Twillingate shows a stranded berg along the ruggedly beautiful shoreline.
This picture from the Torngat Mountains National Park in Labrador is a spell-binding example of the wild and raw environment you can experience when you venture to The Big Land. This collection point of meandering streams and melt-water culminate in one of the crystal clear rivers that make this such a special place.
For more great photos like these, follow us on Instagram @newfoundlandlabrador and use #ExploreNL to be featured!
Do you have a tale to tell about a visit to Newfoundland and Labrador?Tell us your story
- Finding Francois, A First Person Essay
- Waking up with the whales on Quirpon Island, Newfoundland
- Come to the Home of Come From Away
- Our Favourite Pit Stops En Route to Saint-Pierre…
- The Capital of Kindness
- Top Places for Stargazing
- Why can’t it be the destination and the journey?
- A Journey Home
- Our Top Traveller Photos from 2019
- Expedition 51°: Travelling the Québec-Labrador Highway
- Top 10 Bucket List Items in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Four of the best places to visit in The Big Land
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- There's No Place Like Dildo
- Four unique ways to discover Western Newfoundland…
- Exploring Eastern Newfoundland, one hike at a time
- The Museums and Galleries of St. John's
- Experience art in unexpected places
- This Newfoundland Town Is the ‘Root Cellar Capital…
- With a song in my heart. A little Newfoundland town…
- A “Come from Away” Actor Discovers Newfoundland…
- Sea Stacks and Solitude: Hiking Over 300 kms of…
- Kindness Comes From Within
- Welcome to Scenic Green Bay
- Five Ways to Experience Icebergs in Newfoundland…
- Picture Perfect on the Avalon Peninsula
- The Breathtaking Seabird Capital of North America
- Snowshoes, Skidoos and More Winter Fun in Newfoundland
- Mealy Mountains — Newfoundland and Labrador's Fourth…
- Preparing For a Day Hike in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Four Hidden Gems of the Burin Peninsula
- Come From Away musical inspires tour of Gander
- Top Tips for a Visit to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
- Four Reasons to Take a Trip Down the Heritage Run
- Avalon Peninsula - A Top Rated Coastal Destination…
- Why 2018 is the year to visit these little-known…
- Along Newfoundland’s East Coast, creativity lurks…
- How to Spend the Weekend in France Without Leaving…
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Baccalieu…
- From Rhode Island to a Warm Welcome in Newfoundland
- Five Places to Visit on Newfoundland's Irish Loop
- 5 Ways to Travel Off the Beaten Path Out West
- Red Bay UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Kittiwake…
- Finding French Connections in Eastern Newfoundland…
- Sunrise and Sunset across the Burin Peninsula
- The Wooden Boat Museum
- Four Great Hill Hikes in Eastern Newfoundland
- Leave your footprints on these five pristine beaches…
- 24 Hours in Dildo, Newfoundland
- Come From Away
- Hot Spots for History Buffs on the Avalon Peninsula
- Six Amazing Things You Can Experience Only on a…
- South of Saglek: A Nunatsiavut Adventure
- Winter caving adventures in western Newfoundland
- Darwin Would Have Loved the Cliffs of Newfoundland…
- Top three attractions along Newfoundland and Labrador's…
- Mid Winter Bivver celebrates snowmobiling and food
- Western Newfoundland’s winter wonders
- A Week in Central Newfoundland
- Come From Away Finds the Humanity in Tragedy
- Come From Away: A Great Play Featuring The Awesome…
- 5 Not To Miss Spots on a Central Newfoundland Road…
- A 9/11 Parable, Resurrected in Newfoundland
- Come From Away: the musical that dares to deal with…
- The Surprises of Central Newfoundland
- Mistaken Point, N.L., Canada's New UNESCO Site…
- Things to do on the Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- Escape to Newfoundland’s Stress-Free Avalon
- Top 10 Oceanfront Cities
- Avalon Peninsula steals your heart
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Avalon Peninsula
- The best trail you’ve likely never heard of is on…
- Experiencing The Best of St. John’s Newfoundland…