Our Top Traveller Photos From 2017
Another year has come and gone and as we say hello to 2018, it’s a good time to look back on our top traveller photos from 2017. Feeling inspired? Be sure to share your 2018 adventures with us using #ExploreNL.
The colourful houses of Jellybean Row make a great backdrop for photos in the summer months, but in the winter the colours really pop under a fresh blanket of snow.
Western Brook Pond
Gros Morne National Park is a magical place and there’s no question that the grandeur of Western Brook Pond makes for a great photo opportunity. This stunning photo showcases the view you get from this iconic location.
Every once and a while a photo opportunity comes along that breaks the internet. The Ferryland Iceberg was a phenomenon that garnered worldwide media attention.
Breaching Whale in Trinity
It’s always a pleasant surprise when a leviathan of the deep pops up to make a splash. This video from Trinity filmed by Jessica Kilfoy is one of our favorite impromptu whale performances of 2017.
Bottle Cove is one of those places that seems to provide beautiful imagery no matter what the circumstances. This aerial shot from Tom Cochrane provided an angle we hadn’t seen before.
Port Rexton Whale and Iceberg
Our #ExploreNL Tour produced many breath-taking images, but this luckily timed snap with its combination of age and beauty got people talking. Talk about a double feature!
With 29,000 kilometres of coastline, you're bound to bump into a few colourful characters when you visit. Namely, these cute Atlantic Puffins!
Labrador's Northern Lights
One of best places to view the Northern Lights in the province is Torngat Mountains National Park. This photo captures the wonder and size of the natural phenomenon.
High-Rise in Twillingate
Around here, this is what passes for a high-rise. Mid-June is a great time of year to see these glacial giants around Central Newfoundland surrounded by pack ice.
For more great photos like these, follow us on Instagram @newfoundlandlabrador and use #ExploreNL to be featured!
- Four Hidden Gems of the Burin Peninsula
- Kindness Comes From Within
- Preparing For a Day Hike in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Come From Away musical inspires tour of Gander
- Exploring Eastern Newfoundland, one hike at a time
- The Breathtaking Seabird Capital of North America
- Top Tips for a Visit to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon
- Our Top Traveller Photos From 2017
- Top 10 Bucket List Items in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Four Reasons to Take a Trip Down the Heritage Run
- Avalon Peninsula - A Top Rated Coastal Destination…
- Why 2018 is the year to visit these little-known…
- Along Newfoundland’s East Coast, creativity lurks…
- How to Spend the Weekend in France Without Leaving…
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Baccalieu…
- From Rhode Island to a Warm Welcome in Newfoundland
- Five Places to Visit on Newfoundland's Irish Loop
- 5 Ways to Travel Off the Beaten Path Out West
- Red Bay UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Four of the best places to visit in The Big Land
- Newfoundland Road Trips: Guide to the Kittiwake…
- Finding French Connections in Eastern Newfoundland…
- Sunrise and Sunset across the Burin Peninsula
- The Wooden Boat Museum
- Four Great Hill Hikes in Eastern Newfoundland
- Leave your footprints on these five pristine beaches…
- Welcome to Scenic Green Bay
- 24 Hours in Dildo, Newfoundland
- Come From Away
- Mealy Mountains to Become Newfoundland and Labrador's…
- Picture Perfect on the Avalon Peninsula
- Hot Spots for History Buffs on the Avalon Peninsula
- Six Amazing Things You Can Experience Only on a…
- Five Ways to Experience Icebergs in Newfoundland…
- The Museums and Galleries of St. John's
- Travelling the Trans-Labrador Highway
- The Loneliest Road in the World
- South of Saglek: A Nunatsiavut Adventure
- Happily Stranded in Rigolet
- Newfoundland and Labrador Adventure Overload
- Winter caving adventures in western Newfoundland
- Snowshoes, Skidoos and More Winter Fun in Newfoundland
- Darwin Would Have Loved the Cliffs of Newfoundland…
- Top three attractions along Newfoundland and Labrador's…
- Mid Winter Bivver celebrates snowmobiling and food
- Western Newfoundland’s winter wonders
- A Week in Central Newfoundland
- Come From Away Finds the Humanity in Tragedy
- Come From Away: A Great Play Featuring The Awesome…
- 5 Not To Miss Spots on a Central Newfoundland Road…
- A 9/11 Parable, Resurrected in Newfoundland
- Come From Away: the musical that dares to deal with…
- The Surprises of Central Newfoundland
- Mistaken Point, N.L., Canada's New UNESCO Site…
- Things to do on the Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- Escape to Newfoundland’s Stress-Free Avalon
- Top 10 Oceanfront Cities
- Avalon Peninsula steals your heart
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Avalon Peninsula
- The best trail you’ve likely never heard of is on…
- Experiencing The Best of St. John’s Newfoundland…