Nine cultural experiences to take in while in Newfoundland and Labrador
There’s no better way to soak in the culture of Newfoundland & Labrador than through authentic encounters and hands-on learning. The Canadian Signature Experiences collection encompasses the kind of adventures that lead to a true understanding of the living, breathing culture and traditions that exist in every corner of Newfoundland and Labrador.
These 9 once-in-a-lifetime experiences have been hand-selected for you and represent some of the top things you can do while here in Newfoundland & Labrador.
1) Picnics by the Sea
2) Take your place among the Vikings
3) Eco-Culture Experience
4) An Icy Cruise Into Nature
With whales and bergs offshore and live performance onshore, you're surrounded. This must be what it means to be centre stage. Take an icy cruise with the Iceberg Man himself with Iceberg Man Tours.
5) Experience the Wonder
St. John's may be the capital city of Newfoundland and Labrador, but Twillingate is the Iceberg Capital of the World. Lucky for you, Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours departs from both. And with plenty of playful humpback whales to boot.
6) Adventures and Mysteries in the Torngat Mountains
Isn't it funny how sailing through a fjord 1,000 metres deep, can make you feel like you're on top of the world? Now you can experience the wonders of Torngat Mountains National Park with Torngat Mountains Base Camp.
7) Majestic Mountains and Glacier-Carved Fjord Boat Tour Experience
Your tour begins with a three-kilometre walk through barrens and tuckamore forest. Don't max out that memory card before you even board the boat. Join the only boat tour operator in the Western Brook Pond fjord in Gros Morne National Park, BonTours.
8) Architecture at the Edge
Come to a place where even the buildings have to stand up on their tiptoes to take it all in. The award-winning Fogo Island Inn is on everyone's bucketlist - now is your chance to take in this exceptional Newfoundland outport design.
9) A Lighthouse Inn + Whales + Bergs
If you want to see whales and icebergs, sometimes you just have to pick the right vantage point. And that point is the Quirpon Island Lighthouse Inn. Located on a remote island, you can hear the calls of humpback whales as they echo off massive icebergs in your private cove.
- Newfoundland And Labrador's 12 Most Beautiful Places
- Neighborhood Stroll: Where to eat, stay and shop…
- Nine cultural experiences to take in while in Newfoundland…
- An unspoiled island with much of Iceland's allure
- Unique Places to Stay in Newfoundland & Labrador
- What to Pack for your Newfoundland and Labrador…
- Trip Planning 101
- 8 Reasons to Add Newfoundland Travel to Your Bucket…
- Discover Newfoundland And Labrador For Yourself
- Golfing in Newfoundland and Labrador
- A Road Trip through Newfoundland and Labrador
- Better Than AirBnB: Sleep In A Lighthouse On Iceberg…