Eleven Canadian Signature Experiences to take in while in Newfoundland and LabradorBy Newfoundland & Labrador
There’s no better way to soak in the culture of Newfoundland & Labrador than through authentic encounters and hands-on learning. The Canadian Signature Experiences collection encompasses the kind of adventures that lead to a true understanding of the living, breathing culture and traditions that exist in every corner of Newfoundland and Labrador.
These 11 once-in-a-lifetime experiences have been hand-selected for you and represent some of the top things you can do while here in Newfoundland & Labrador.
1) A Lighthouse Inn + Whales + Bergs
If you want to see whales and icebergs, sometimes you just have to pick the right vantage point. And that point is the Quirpon Island Lighthouse Inn. Located on a remote island, you can hear the calls of humpback whales as they echo off massive icebergs in your private cove.
2) Take your place among the Vikings
3) Picnics by the Sea
4) Eco-Culture Experience
5) An Icy Cruise Into Nature
With whales and bergs offshore and live performance onshore, you're surrounded. This must be what it means to be centre stage. Take an icy cruise with the Iceberg Man himself with Iceberg Man Tours.
6) Experience the Wonder
St. John's may be the capital city of Newfoundland and Labrador, but Twillingate is the Iceberg Capital of the World. Lucky for you, Iceberg Quest Ocean Tours departs from both. And with plenty of playful humpback whales to boot.
7) Adventures and Mysteries in the Torngat Mountains
Isn't it funny how sailing through a fjord 1,000 metres deep, can make you feel like you're on top of the world? Now you can experience the wonders of Torngat Mountains National Park with Torngat Mountains Base Camp.
8) Majestic Mountains and Glacier-Carved Fjord Boat Tour Experience
Your tour begins with a three-kilometre walk through barrens and tuckamore forest. Don't max out that memory card before you even board the boat. Join the only boat tour operator in the Western Brook Pond fjord in Gros Morne National Park, BonTours.
9) Architecture at the Edge
Come to a place where even the buildings have to stand up on their tiptoes to take it all in. The award-winning Fogo Island Inn is on everyone's bucketlist - now is your chance to take in this exceptional Newfoundland outport design.
10) Battle Harbour, Labrador: Forgotten in Time
A great way to catch a glimpse back in time is by visiting the National Historic District and island getaway of Battle Harbour. Spot icebergs and whales on a passenger ferry as you sail between Mary's Harbour and Battle Island. You can interact with local guides whose ancestors once inhabited the island and satisfy your hunger with a gourmet meal and one of the island's famous sunsets. Then fall asleep under a handmade quilt in a heritage building with modern amenities. All without the sound of cars or glare of street lights.
11) Newfoundland Circumnavigation
Explore the island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador at its most authentic: by sea! Take daily excursions to explore the island’s hidden treasures with engaging local guides who will have you wanting to stay a while. With world-class hiking and epic photography of wildlife, scenery and natural wonders. Every day is an adventure ashore, and every night is a potential “kitchen party” aboard. If this sounds like an experience on your bucket list, then chart your expedition and set a course through Adventure Canada.
Do you have a tale to tell about a visit to Newfoundland and Labrador?Tell us your story
- Unique Places to Stay in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Expedition 51°: Travelling the Québec-Labrador Highway
- Why Newfoundland & Labrador is the Kindest Province
- Family Friendly Activities in Eastern Newfoundland…
- Trip Planning 101
- Golfing in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Exploring the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland
- How outlandish costumes bring Newfoundlanders & Labradorians…
- Local food takes Newfoundland and Labrador cuisine…
- See What We See: Indigenous Experiences in Newfoundland…
- St. John’s to St. Anthony: Coastal Adventures in…
- 3 Epic Coastal Road Trips in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Awesome Eco-Tours in Newfoundland and Labrador
- A Guide to Indigenous Culture in Newfoundland & Labrador
- Come From Away to Discover Newfoundland, Canada's…
- The Shipwrecks of Newfoundland and Labrador
- What to Pack for your Newfoundland and Labrador Experience
- Our Favourite Pit Stops En Route to Saint-Pierre…
- Getting to know the real Newfoundland and Labrador
- Ale Tales: The Story of Craft Breweries in Newfoundland…
- Five Reasons to Drive and Take the Scenic Route
- Why can’t it be the destination and the journey?
- Top 5 Motorcycling Drives in Western Newfoundland
- Travel the WORLD Right Here in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Top 10 Bucket List Items in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Road Trip Playlist
- How to Plan 4 Days While Based in St. John's - A…
- Four unique ways to discover Western Newfoundland…
- Experience art in unexpected places
- Out here, there's a story around every corner.
- This Newfoundland Town Is the ‘Root Cellar Capital…
- Natural selections. Wild times in Newfoundland.
- With a song in my heart. A little Newfoundland town…
- These are the 4 things you must eat next in St. John's
- A “Come from Away” Actor Discovers Newfoundland and…
- To keep history alive, storytellers gather to tell…
- Explore the branches of your family tree at The Rooms
- Newfoundland And Labrador's 12 Most Beautiful Places
- Neighborhood Stroll: Where to eat, stay and shop…
- An unspoiled island with much of Iceland's allure
- 8 Reasons to Add Newfoundland Travel to Your Bucket…
- Discover Newfoundland And Labrador For Yourself
- A Road Trip through Newfoundland and Labrador
- Better Than AirBnB: Sleep In A Lighthouse On Iceberg…