- The beauty of Chamber Cove hides a tragic past and the heroic stories of the rescue.
- Memorial to USS Truxton and USS Pollux erected on the 75th anniversary of this tragic Naval Disaster.
- Imagine a 13 meter Tsunami Wave travelling at 100 km/hr toward an unsuspecting town. Seem unimaginable on this civilized day.
- The natural narrowing of the harbour concentrated the 1929 Tidal Wave toward the east side.
- The yellow flourspar vein runs through the granite shoreline.
Laurentian Legacy ToursSt. Lawrence
During World War II, three American naval ships, USS Truxtun, USS Pollux and USS Wilkes, were shipwrecked in a raging winter storm. People from the nearby towns of St. Lawrence and Lawn rushed to the scenes to rescue 186 oil-soaked sailors but unfortunately 2 vessels and 203 sailors were lost. The heroism and abilities of these local rescuers to overcome the wrath of nature is best understood standing where they stood. The1st hand accounts retold along this beautiful seascape where hero's stood.
Locations & Dates
- 16 Fairview Ave, St. Lawrence
- 46.9239, -55.4020
- Jan 1 - Dec 31
- Adult $30, children are free. Call/Message/email for reservation.
- Email Money Transfer
- We cater to small intimate groups. 12 maximum.
- Customized Itineraries
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Private Tour Service