- The beauty of this cove hides a tragic past.
- Memorial to USS Truxton and USS Pollux erected on the 75th anniversary of this tragic Naval Disaster.
- Chambers Head in the distance.
- Chambers Head. The rock coloration gives away the secret of the unique geological history hidden here for 376 million years.
- The noble American Bald Eagle stands guard over this sacred place.
Laurentian Legacy ToursSt. Lawrence
Come and hear the epic tale of the people behind the Truxtun and Pollux Naval Disaster. The American sailors had no choice. The Newfoundland rescuers gave their all against the harsh Atlantic Storm. When you stand on the cliff you will gain a unique understanding of their heroism, struggles and success. This is the classic tale of man against nature. This story and this tour are #1 Trip Advisor Historical and Heritage Tour in St. Lawrence, Burin Peninsula. The scenery is breathtaking.
Locations & Dates
- 16 Fairview Ave, St. Lawrence
- 46.8841, -55.4203
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2019
- $25 per adult. Kids free, Flexible tour times to accommodate the patron's need. Call and arrange times that suit your plans. I will accommodate you.
- Email Money Transfer
- Customized Itineraries
- Group Rates
- Private Tour Service