- The range of the Boreal Chickadee is almost completely restricted to the boreal forest of Canada.
- Western Newfoundland is home to the largest breeding colony of Black-head Gull in North America.
- Endangered Piping Plover at Codroy Valley Provincial Park. Join us for a day trip to this amazing place.
- Returning Woodland Caribou delight locals near Stephenville where the herd resides from late winter to early spring.
- Our birding group posing for a photo on a bridge at Ned's Pond in Stephenville on June 11, 2016. Photo by Aiden Mahoney.
Birding by SeasonStephenville
Experience the amazing birdlife of Southwestern Newfoundland. We offer single and multi-day birding tours for small groups and individuals. Year-round tours take you to boreal forests, sculpted coastlines and protected wetlands. Tours are designed to consider birds and their habitat. Spot seasonal rarities, boreal residents and arctic migrants. Tours begin and end in Stephenville, just 2 hours from the Port aux Basques Ferry, 1.5 hours from Deer Lake Airport or fly into Stephenville Airport.
Travel Offers from Birding by Season
Starting at $150 CDNSongbirds and Raptors, Stephenville and vicinityBirding by Season
Starting at $150 CDNMigratory Bird Sanctuary, Stephenville Crossing and vicinityBirding by Season
Starting at $150 CDNBirding the South Coast Barrens, Cape Ray and vicinityBirding by Season
2 Days Starting at $425 CDNSeabirds and Songbirds, The French Ancestors Route (Port au Port Peninsula)Birding by Season
Locations & Dates
- Birding by Season, Stephenville
- 48.5496, -58.5629
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2019
- Email Money Transfer
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service