- The range of the Boreal Chickadee is almost completely restricted to the boreal forest of Canada.
- Western Newfoundland is home to the largest breeding colony of Black-head Gull in North America.
- Endangered Piping Plover at Codroy Valley Provincial Park. Join us for a day trip to this amazing place.
- Returning Woodland Caribou delight locals near Stephenville where the herd resides from late winter to early spring.
- Our birding group posing for a photo on a bridge at Ned's Pond in Stephenville on June 11, 2016. Photo by Aiden Mahoney.
Birding by SeasonStephenville
Come birdwatching with Birding by Season! Take a journey with us along spectacular coastlines, through boreal forests and into protected wetlands, and explore this special place that is home to a diversity of birdlife! We offer immersive and authentic birding experiences that benefit conservation within the culture and setting of Southwestern Newfoundland. Experiences begin and end in Stephenville, 2 hours from the Port aux Basques Ferry, 1.5 hours from Deer Lake Airport or fly into Stephenville
Locations & Dates
- Stephenville, Stephenville
- 48.5496, -58.5629
- Jan 1 - Dec 31
- 1-day $85 pp, $150 with transportation, 2-day $450 pp. Custom tours for individuals and small groups of 8.
- Email Money Transfer
- Customized Itineraries
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service