- The range of the Boreal Chickadee is almost completely restricted to the boreal forest of Canada.
- Western Newfoundland is home to the largest breeding colony of Black-head Gull in North America.
- Endangered Piping Plover at Codroy Valley Provincial Park. Join us for a day trip to this amazing place.
- Returning Woodland Caribou delight locals near Stephenville where the herd resides from late winter to early spring.
- Our birding group posing for a photo on a bridge at Ned's Pond in Stephenville on June 11, 2016. Photo by Aiden Mahoney.
Birding by SeasonStephenville
Experience the amazing birdlife of Southwestern Newfoundland with Birding by Season. We lead day and multi-day birding tours for small groups. Tours are designed to consider birds and their habitat. Spot the only breeding colony of black-headed gull in North America. Visit Nature Conservancy of Canada sites near the only Provincial RAMSAR site. Tours begin and end in Stephenville, just 2 hours from Port aux Basques Ferry Terminal, 1.5 hours from Deer Lake Airport or fly into Stephenville Airport
Locations & Dates
- Birding by Season, Stephenville
- 48.5496, -58.5629
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2019
- $67 per person; $130 per person includes transportation during the tour.
- Email Money Transfer
- Customized Itineraries
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service