- The range of the Boreal Chickadee is almost completely restricted to the boreal forest of Canada.
- Western Newfoundland is home to the largest breeding colony of Black-head Gull in North America.
- Endangered Piping Plover at Codroy Valley Provincial Park. Join us for a day trip to this amazing place.
- Returning Woodland Caribou delight locals near Stephenville where the herd resides from late winter to early spring.
- Our birding group posing for a photo on a bridge at Ned's Pond in Stephenville on June 11, 2016. Photo by Aiden Mahoney.
Birding by SeasonStephenville
Experience amazing birdlife in Southwestern Newfoundland’s rich natural habitat. We offer single and multi-day birding tours for small groups. Year-round tours take you to boreal forests, sculpted coastlines and protected wetlands. Spot seasonal rarities, boreal residents and arctic migrants. Tours are designed to consider birds and their habitat. Tours begin and end in Stephenville, just 2 hours from the Port aux Basques Ferry, 1.5 hours from Deer Lake Airport or fly into Stephenville Airport.
Locations & Dates
- Stephenville, Stephenville
- 48.5496, -58.5629
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2020
- 1-day $150/person, 2-day $450/person. Custom and private tours available.
- Email Money Transfer
- Customized Itineraries
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service