- The range of the boreal chickadee is almost completely restricted to Canada's boreal forest.
- The endangered piping plover breeds in Southwestern Newfoundland.
- The mourning warbler breeds throughout Southwestern Newfoundland.
- Two well-camouflaged willow ptarmigan sleeping in their snow burrows.
- Black guillemot is one of the seabird species breeding on the Port au Port Peninsula.
Birding by Season
Jan 1 - Dec 31
Make southwestern Newfoundland your next birding destination! Take a journey with us along spectacular coastlines, through boreal forests and into protected wetlands, and explore this special place that is home to a diversity of culture and birdlife! Nesting Seabirds. Northern Songbirds. Arctic migrants. Rare birds. The only RAMSAR site in the province. Indigenous and Francophone Communities. One of the oldest tree fossil beds in the world. It’s all waiting for you in southwestern Newfoundland!
Locations & Dates
- Stephenville, Stephenville
- 48.5496, -58.5629
- Jan 1 - Dec 31
Visit our website or call us anytime
- Email Money Transfer
- Customized Itineraries
- Group Rates
- Private Tour Service