- Chamber Cove, shipwreck site of the USS Truxtun.
- St. Lawrence Harbour on a decent day!
- Memorial Monument to the Rescuers, Survivors and Lost Sailors of the USS Truxtun and USS Pollux Naval Disaster.
- The Harbour entrance has been welcoming visitors for over 400 years!
- The trail to Chambers Cove with Chamber Head in view.
Laurentian Legacy ToursSt. Lawrence
2 Tours: OIL and ICE: The rescue from wrecked warships. Heroic miners plucking American sailors from imminent death on the unforgiving seashore during a fierce February storm. 1929 TSUNAMI: A quiet fall evening in this tiny fishing village is disrupted by nature’s warning, an earthquake. Their world shook but soon settled back to an uneasy quiet. The tsunami waves raced towards an unsuspecting people. Their material assets were destroyed but not their spirit or faith in God and each other.
Locations & Dates
- 16 Fairview Avenue, St. Lawrence
- 46.9240, -55.3998
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2021
- Group rates available
- Email Money Transfer
- Typically small groups work best. Min 2 max 12 people.
- French Language