- Howley Tourist Lodge, Traper's Lounge & Take out, 17 RV lots, 30 kms from Deer Lake International Airport
- Welcome to Howley! The Outdoors at its best
- Grand Lake: Newfoundland's Largest Lake (120 miles in length) and Howley is the only community that has settled on it.
- Cow & Calf Moose; Moose were introduced to the island of Newfoundland, right here in Howley via train in 1904
- Snowmobile the groomed trail to and from Howley Tourist Lodge with Trapper's Lounge & Take out right next door
Howley Tourist LodgeHowley
Accommodations with a Lounge & take-out on-site, located on NL's largest lake, Grand Lake, 30 km from International airport, near Gros Morne National Park. Main Dam or the Gaff Topsails are also spectacular sites to see. The abandoned railway line also known as the Trans Canada Trail runs through town. Moose, caribou, geese, ducks & other wildlife as well as sandy beaches are common. Explorer's paradise with 120 miles of lake or endless snowmobile, ATV/UTV & trails for hikers. Annual Moose Fest.
Locations & Dates
- Route 401, 13 km from Route 1, Howley
- 49.1703, -57.1137
- Jan 1 - Dec 31
- $99.95 - $139.99 (motel or 2 bedroom kitchen unit) weekly & monthly rates are also available.
- Four: 2-bedroom kitchen units & Three: motel rooms
- Gift Shop/Convenience Store
- Pets Allowed
- Playground or Play Area
- Rooms with Two Beds
These accommodations participate in a program of Tourism Quality Assurance developed to provide travellers with a consistent standard of quality. As well, all businesses listed meet common minimum standards established by the tourism industry. For more information, visit the Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador website .