Petty Harbour, Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
- Experience the historic handline fishery of Newfoundland & Labrador in beautiful Petty Harbour!
- Share the experience of bringing in your catch with your own family!
- Learn how to fillet your fish or even cut out cod tongues!
- Create original artwork as a keepsake of your adventure!
- Join us for one of our Twine Loft evenings and learn the old skill of net knitting!
Fishing for Success at Island RoomsPetty Harbour, Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
The families of Newfoundland & Labrador have depended upon the Bounty of the Sea for generations. Now you can participate in the historic handline fishery – in a dory! Learn to row, knit a net, rind a stick, handline for cod, fillet your fish and cook up your catch! Don’t forget the scrunchions! Or join us on a walk-about on the wharf or town. A fishing village this ancient has many stories and secrets to uncover. "Bring some bread for the faeries!"
Travel Offers from Fishing for Success at Island Rooms
Starting at $50 Per PersonPetty Harbour Twine LoftFishing for Success at Island Rooms
Starting at $60 Per PersonRolling Rocks & BerriesFishing for Success at Island Rooms
Starting at $45 Per PersonAug 15 - Nov 22, 2017Fish Cakes & Fisherman Experience!Rocket Bakery & Fresh Food
Starting at $5 Per PersonRope Weaving + Net Knitting at Rocket BakeryRocket Bakery & Fresh Food
Starting at $30 Per PersonWharf Walk-AboutFishing for Success at Island Rooms
- 10 D Main Road , Island Rooms of Petty Harbour , Petty Harbour, Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
- 47.464, -52.7106
Dates of Operation
- Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2017
- $5 - $225
- Email Money Transfer
- Customized Itineraries
- Equipment Rentals
- Food Services Onsite
- Group Rates
- Minimum Booking
- Pick Up and Drop Off Services
- Private Tour Service
- Step on Guide Service