- Delicious strawberries are in abundance and enjoyed by all at the Deer Lake Strawberry Festival, held each year in early July.
- The local gymnastics club puts off an annual demonstration at the Deer Lake Strawberry Festival.
- Live musical entertainment is one of the highlights of the Deer Lake Strawberry Festival, held each year in early July.
- Dozens of concession booths provide attendees with lots to choose from at the Deer Lake Strawberry Festival.
- Kissing the cod is a requirement for people who come from away and are screeched in during the Deer Lake Strawberry Festival.
Deer Lake Strawberry FestivalDeer Lake
Western Newfoundland and Labrador's largest 3-day festival has activities for all ages. A great variety of music, dancing, children's rides, slides, games of chance, kiddies parade, market place, concession stands, a beer tent, demonstrations, challenges, a spectacular fireworks display, and of course strawberries.