John Guy National Historic Site

Cupids

Governor John Guy from Bristol, England led 39 colonists to Cupids in 1610. The colony they established in Cupids is the first English colony in Canada. The John Guy monument was erected in 1910 to commemorate the 300th anniversary of Cupids founding. It received national recognition in 1952, three years following Confederation with Canada. The Cupids Historical Society maintains the grounds for the Government of Canada.

Visit Website

Contact Information

Location

  • 308 Seaforest Drive , Cupids
  • 47.5447, -53.234

Online

Dates of Operation

  • Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2017

Pricing

  • Free