Specific for cruise passengers
This one’s for you!
- Do not even think of not stepping out on this island, I dare you!
-You MUST plan to be on deck to experience the arrival in the harbour, wherever that is, a harbour is always a gift to see from the water
-Be ready to go ashore the second the ship gives its okay. There is so much to experience, no time to waste.
-Try at least one shore excursion, that will drive you to the best sites with a guide and still leave you time to explore the city.
-Corner Brook’s harbour is at the end of the gorgeous Humber Arm.
- You are very close to this town and you can easily walk around, take the excursions offered onboard or hire a taxi.
- Put on your walking shoes, and GO!
- St-John's, The Narrows, is a squeezable entrance in the harbour. Be ready to go from side to side on the ship to look at the houses hanging on to cliffs. Fort Amherst area and its lighthouse on one side and The Battery area and Signal Hill on the other. Lots of photographs to take.
- In St-John’s, you are disembarking right in the downtown area, you have everything at your toe tips! The information office, 3 walking tour maps, a public art map and all those lovely coloured houses to discover
- Do some shopping in stores, boutiques
-Do some tastings in pubs, restaurants, bakeries and eateries
-At least do some twacking (window shopping)!
- Talk to people, they will charm you right away. Ask a question, get a conversation.
- Start a conversation, get a story teller’s tale.
- Make sure you get all the information you need to plan your next vacation here, you will never regret coming back and back again.