Former United Church Cultural Gallery
Constructed in 1877, the church was originally built by the Methodist congregation, after the previous church was destroyed by the Great Fire of Fogo in 1875. This church is symbolic of that reconstruction period on the Island and the community support and efforts that led to the church’s restoration. In 1925, the Methodist and United Churches in Newfoundland joined, and the name was changed to the Fogo United Church. The church was closed in the mid-1990s, and is now an art gallery and museum.
Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location before departure.
Restaurants and accommodations nearby. There are a variety of events offered at this site, such as plays, art showings, and walking tours.
Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.