Truce Sound Peace Garden

Sunnyside, Trinity Bay
 

A short hike (1.5 km each way) takes you to Frenchmen's Island. An historic meeting between English and Beothuk took place on or near the island in 1612. The Peace Garden was built to commemorate this occasion in 2012. The island was also used by French troops to hold English prisoners during the Winter War of 1696-97.

Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location before departure.

X

Get Directions

clear

Amenities

Memorial dedicated to ancient peoples, commemmorates meeting between European and Beothuk, coastal trail to site with bridges and boardwalk.

Contact Information

Frenchman's Island, 1.5 km from end of Parsons Road , Sunnyside, Trinity Bay
47.8595, -53.924 (Download GPX)
Jun 1 - Oct 31
+1 (709) 472 4506
+1 (709) 472 4994
+1 (709) 472 4182

Directions

Print Directions

Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.