St. Thomas' Anglican Church
Built 1836. Tours include the church plus a small museum and chapel in the basement. It is valuable as an excellent example of an early Gothic Revival building and is constructed of local spruce and pine. It was built by Patrick Keough who is noted for his work on Government House. Its features make it a truly pioneer church and is one of the last remaining examples of Keough's work in wood. It is one of the buildings that symbolize early governmental, religious and military history.
Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location
before departure. Also see offshore area disclaimer.
The offshore lines appearing in the map above which purport to delimit the offshore area of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador have no legal effect. Apart from the boundaries established pursuant to the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Atlantic Accord Implementation Act, which include the line established pursuant to the 2002 award of the arbitration tribunal concerning the delimitation of portions of the offshore areas between Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia, there are no agreed boundaries between the offshore areas of Newfoundland and Labrador and the Government of Canada, the Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island or Quebec or the Nunavut Territory, and no such boundaries have been established under statute, regulation or agreement. The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador has made these facts known to Google.
Oldest continually used Anglican Church in Newfoundland, surviving both great fires of the 19th century. Church forms part of a complex of select buildings which symbolize the early governmental, religious and military history of Newfoundland.
Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.