George C. Harris House - Museum of Local History
The George C. Harris House was built in 1908 and is a restored Queen Anne-style merchant's house with a widow's walk. Inside the house, the public can take a guided tour, visit the craft shop where local goods are sold, or spend time in the Interpretation Centre (which holds information on mariners lost at sea). Outside, one can walk around the grounds and read a story board detailing the early history of Grand Bank, look at donors' plaques, and gaze at the anchor from the ship Mabel Dorothy.
Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location before departure.
Queen Anne-style house, fully restored, designated Heritage Site, Guided tours available, Widow's Walk (lookout point), interpretation centre with pictures, videos, etc. outside Marnier's Memorial Garden, story board detailing early history of Grand Bank, Winner of Manning and Southcott awards.
Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.