Cupids United Church


One of Newfoundland's earliest Methodist churches, built in 1875 and still in operation. First service was for the victims of the schooner "Water Witch" disaster. Contains original pipe organ installed in 1900, original bell in tower, and has only known "green" geo-thermal heating-cooling system in the United Church of Canada. Access to graveyard. Genealogy records held at Family History Resource Centre, in Cupids Legacy Centre. Tours arranged from Cupids Legacy Centre next door.

Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location before departure.


Get Directions



Large paved parking lot.

Helpful Information

Donations are welcomed.

Contact Information

370 Seaforest Drive , Cupids
47.548, -53.2281 (Download GPX)
Jun 1 - Oct 15
+1 (709) 528 3214
+1 (709) 528 4428
+1 (709) 528 4430


Print Directions

Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.