John Guy National Historic Site


Governor John Guy from Bristol, England led 39 colonists to Cupids in 1610. The colony they established in Cupids is the first English colony in Canada. The John Guy monument was erected in 1910 to commemorate the 300th anniversary of Cupids founding. It received national recognition in 1952, three years following Confederation with Canada. The Cupids Historical Society maintains the grounds for the Government of Canada.

Location data provided by the operator. Please confirm location before departure.


Get Directions



Parking and picnic area.

Helpful Information


Contact Information

308 Seaforest Drive , Cupids
47.5447, -53.234 (Download GPX)
Jan 1 - Dec 31
+1 (709) 528 4428
+1 (709) 683 3804
+1 (709) 528 4428
+1 (709) 528 4430


Print Directions

Driving distances and calculations derived using Google Maps. Actual driving times may vary. GPS coordinates have been provided by tourism operators. Please confirm location with operator before departure.